Policies and strategies adopted by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, the Regional Transportation Policy Plan, and the Metropolitan Transit Commission are set forth, the paratransit demonstration and continuing programs are described and research studies in this field are outlined. The report notes that a major effort must be made to increase the use of carpools, van programs and bus services, especially in areas outside of the downtowns and university where ridership is closer to or exceeds the goals. Effort must be made to examine the potential for paratransit services, coordinated with each other and with the regular scheduled transit service. Attention must also be given to those activities such as the adoption of parking practices which could increase the use of transit and paratransit. The need is indicated for the provision of a specific appropriation of state funds by the Metropolitan Transit Commission with which to carry on paratransit operations, separate and apart from funds available for regular transit operations.
St. Paul Metropolitan Transit Commission160 E Kellogg Boulevard
St. Paul, MN United States 55101
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Appendices; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Carpools; Metropolitan areas; Paratransit services; Parking; Research; Transportation planning; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00157784
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 8 1981 12:00AM