CENTRIFUGAL COMPRESSOR SEAL
A new impeller-to-sump seal was developed for a line of hermetically sealed centrifugal compressor units. Tests, using an actual compressor unit, were made to simulate steady operating conditions. Both new seal configurations and the original seal were tested. A new seal configuration resulted in a 25:1 reduction in refrigerant leakage. The seal met all other technical and economic requirements dictated by the application.
- ASME/ASLE Lubrication Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, October 507 1976.
American Society of Lubricating Engineers838 Busse Highway
Park Ridge, IL United States 60068
- Adams, M L
- Raimondi, A A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Compressors; Design; Refrigeration systems; Seals (Devices)
- Old TRIS Terms: Seal design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157738
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-LC-6B-2 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM