DYNAMIC RESPONSE OF NORTH SEA CRANES
Dynamic tests were carried out on two different types of pedestal crane in use in the North Sea. Boom stresses, hook loads and pedestral moments are tabulated for lifting a 5 ton test weight from a supply boat in rough weather. The significance of the recorded values is discussed and compared with results from a standardized 5 ton drop test at different operating radii.
- British Society for Strain Measurements/Research Institute of Naval Architecture Joint Conference, Measures in the Offshore Industry, Heriot-Watt University , Riccarton, Edinburgh, Scotland, September 8-11, 1975.
British Society for Strain Measurements281 Heaton Road
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE6 5QB, England
- Wyon, A S
- Mackinnon, J A
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Booms (Lifting equipment); Cranes; Design; Dynamic loads; Materials management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Boom design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157734
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM