EXPERIMENTAL AND THEORETICAL STRESS AND MOTION STUDIES ON OFFSHORE PLATFORM AND MOORING STRUCTURES
Design concepts for various marine platforms are reviewed. Case studies conducted on three types of offshore structure describe the experimental techniques used to measure structural response to wave, wind, and mechanical loading and correlate these results, where applicable, with theoretical analysis.
- British Society for Strain Measurements/Research Institute of Naval Architecture Joint Conference. Measures in the Offshore Industry, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, Scotland, September 8-11 1975.
British Society for Strain Measurements281 Heaton Road
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, NE6 5QB, England
- Brewer, G A
- Weymouth, L J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Loads; Motion; Offshore platforms; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural mechanics; Waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore platform design; Platform motions; Wave forces on structures; Wind forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157730
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM