MOBILITY TRAINING PROJECT: TRAINING FOR TRANSIT USERS WITH DISABILITIES
Project staff trained consumers with mobility disabilities to used fixed route bus service in the Reno-Sparks area. Disability service providers and advocacy groups were contacted for referrals. Training materials included fixed route and paratransit schedules in alternate formats, a system map, a new riders' guide, and a 'memory book'. 95 persons with disabilities were instructed by a mobility trainer to access lift-equipped fixed route bus service. Training and evaluation indicated that 86% of trainees reported an increase in preference for fixed route bus travel.
Project ACTIONNational Easter Seal Soc, 1350 New York Ave, NW, Suite 915
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; Fixed routes; Lifting equipment; Maps; Mobility; Persons with disabilities; Schedules; Training programs; Transportation disadvantaged persons
- Identifier Terms: Americans with Disabilities Act
- Geographic Terms: Nevada
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00768033
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 29 1999 12:00AM