ENERGY BALANCES - SOME PROBLEMS AND RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
This paper considers a number of conceptual and practical problems in the construction of energy balances at the national (and international) level and describes the methodology used by the Department of Energy in its published energy balances for the United Kingdom. The conventions used by the major international organisations (and by a number of other countries) are also described. Problems of "energy accounting" in the sense of tracing the flows of energy from purchases through to the direct and indirect energy content of manufactured products, are outside the scope of this paper.
United Kingdom Department of Energy10 South Millbank
London SW1, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Energy; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157705
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: Energy Paper 19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM