AGGRESSIVE DRIVING: ARE YOU AT RISK?
While aggressive driving has become a hot topic of conversation among both police officers and the public, little is known about the phenomenon. Most reports on aggressive driving have been simple opinion surveys or psychological studies that have focused on the possible increase in aggressive driving, or driver frustration and anger. This study is the first to compare aggressive driving death rates by metropolitan area and state, and to look for factors in the community that might be influencing those deaths. The analysis of federal data revealed strikingly different death rates in different places. Some surprising relationships were also found between these fatality rates and other travel factors, such as congestion levels and the use of other transportation modes.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- McCann, B
- DeLille, B
- Dittmar, H
- Garland, M
- Publication Date: 1999-3
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Aggression; Crash causes; Crash characteristics; Fatalities; Road rage; Speeding; Tailgating; Traffic crashes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00765393
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 2001 12:00AM