ANALYSIS OF NINE YEARS OF RAILROAD PERSONNEL CASUALTY DATA
This report presents an analysis of railroad personnel casualty data for the years 1966 through 1974. The analyses examined the trends of injuries, days disabled, fatalities, and the effect of changes in man hours of employment on these trends. Accident cause categories were ranked year by year based on an index which took account of both the frequency or number of casualties in each cause category and the severity of the casualties, as measured by the median days disabled for each cause category. Also, the frequency-severity index was used to rank job classifications for each year.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Shulman, A E
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Classification; Crash data; Crashes; Data collection; Fatalities; Injuries; Personnel; Safety; Statistical analysis; Statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00157700
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-252
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM