FACILITY FOR ACCELERATED SERVICE TESTING. THE FIRST EXPERIMENT
The Facility for Accelerated Service Testing (FAST) is a track loop located at the DOT Transportation Test Center at Pueblo, Colorado. A train operating around the loop for up to 16 hours per day exposes track and equipment components under test to loads approximately ten times as rapidly as in revenue service. Plans for FAST and its construction and operation were achieved in less than one year because of the enthusiastic support provided by all interested parties, particularly the Federal Railroad Administration, the railroads, the railroad supply industry, the Railway Progress Institute, the Association of American Railroads and the Transportation Development Agency of Canada.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 1976-11-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Railroad tracks; Service life; Test tracks; Vehicle components; Wear
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Fast facility; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00157695
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-250, 2nd Edition Test Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM