GUIDE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF BICYCLE FACILITIES - 1999
This guide is designed to provide information on the development of facilities to enhance and encourage safe bicycle travel. The majority of bicycling will take place on ordinary roads with no dedicated space for bicyclists. Bicyclists can be expected to ride on almost all roadways, as well as separated shared use paths and even sidewalks, where permitted to meet special conditions. This guide provides information to help accommodate bicycle traffic in most riding environments. It is not intended to set forth strict standards, but, rather, to present sound guidelines that will be valuable in attaining good design sensitive to the needs of both bicyclists and other highway users.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1560511028
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1999
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycle facilities; Bicycle lanes; Bicycle travel; Bicycling; Guides to information
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I20: Design and Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00770395
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1560511028
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 14 1999 12:00AM