A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF VARIOUS TYPES OF WOOD USED IN RAILROAD CROSSTIES
A comparative evaluation of the physical properties of pine, red oak and white oak crossties. Rail seal positive bending and tie center positive-negative bending moment tests were performed. Additionally, tie plate cutting and spike holding power were determined through tests performed on Tie Wear machines.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Knoblock, O W
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Railroad ties; Service life; Spikes; Structural design; Supply; Tests; Tie plates; Timber; Wear; Wood ties
- Old TRIS Terms: Cross tie design; Timber supply; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157694
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-255-A Test Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM