LOMA PRIETA, CALIFORNIA, EARTHQUAKE OF OCTOBER 17, 1989: LIFELINES
Contents: Introduction; Electric power systems; Communication systems; Modeling the impact of the earthquake on telecommunication services; Water distribution systems; Water and wastewater treatment plants; Lessons learned by water and wastewater utilities; Transportation systems; Transportation systems - airports; Transportation systems - seaports; Transportation systems - passenger railways and buslines; Residential natural gas piping and appliances; and, Repair patterns for the gas distribution system in San Francisco.
- See also PB95-254462 and PB93-209070
U.S. Geological Survey12201 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA United States 20192
- Schiff, A J
- Publication Date: 1998
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Earthquakes; Emergencies; Public transit; Telecommunications; Transportation operations; Water distribution structures
- Geographic Terms: San Francisco (California)
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00769690
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: USGS-PP-1552-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 14 1999 12:00AM