PROPULSION GEARING TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS FOR GUIDED MISSILE AND STANDARD FRIGATES OF THE ROYAL NETHERLANDS NAVY
The paper reviews the initial considerations and the development of the gearing transmission system design. A review of shore test and sea trial results and an overall appraisal of the gearing transmission system performance to date is given. The paper is complementary to the paper "COGOG Propulsion Installations in Guided Missile and Standard Class Frigates of the Royal Netherlands Navy" ASME Paper No. 77-GT-68.
- For further information see #17 157625.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Kerpestein, J B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power transmission; Frigates; Gas turbines; Gears; Military vessels; Noise control; Oceans; Propulsion; Ships; Transmissions; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Cogog; Gear design; Gear transmissions; Marine applications; Propulsion machinery
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00157647
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77-GT-67
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM