GEOCELL SUBGRADE STABILIZATION
This final report summarizes the findings of a Geocell Confinement System used for subgrade stabilization. The site was located on SR 0030 and was part of the SR 0476-630 (Blue Route) project in St. Davids, Delaware County. The purpose of this project was to evaluate the effectiveness and performance of a Geocell Confinement System when used for subgrade stabilization. The initial results of this study indicate that geocell is an acceptable alternative to other methods of subgrade stabilization. This final report also includes falling weight deflectometer (FWD) data collected annually over two years, as well as a proposed draft specification for geocell. Geocell is recommended for approval, as an alternative method for subgrade stabilization, on a job by job basis on all future Pennsylvania Department of Transportation projects where this material is warranted.
Harrisburg, PA United States 17105-2926
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hughes, J J
- Publication Date: 1999-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Falling weight deflectometers; Geosynthetics; Performance; Soil stabilization; Specifications; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Field data; Geocell confinement system
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I33: Other Materials used in Pavement Layers;
- Accession Number: 00769476
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PA-99-004+95-053,, RP 95-053,, Final Report
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 17 1999 12:00AM