PAVEMENT SURFACE CONDITION FIELD RATING MANUAL FOR ASPHALT PAVEMENTS
This Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) manual provides guidelines for rating the surface condition of asphalt pavement. Individual sections cover inspection procedure and guidelines, rating considerations, and flexible pavement distresses. Information and photographs are provided for 14 different flexible pavement distresses: rutting and wear, alligator cracking, longitudinal cracking, nonwheel path longitudinal cracking, transverse cracking, raveling and aging, flushing/bleeding, patching, original WSDOT patching, corrugation and waves, sags and humps, block cracking, pavement edge condition, and crack seal condition.
Northwest Pavement Management AssociationWashington State DOT, Transportation Building, 212 Maple Park
Olympia, WA United States 98504-7390
- Publication Date: 1999-4
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Aging (Materials); Alligator cracking; Asphalt pavements; Bleeding (Pavements); Block cracking; Corrugations (Defects); Field studies; Flexible pavements; Flushing; Guidelines; Inspection; Longitudinal cracking; Manuals; Patching; Pavement cracking; Pavement performance; Ratings; Rutting; State departments of transportation; Transverse cracking
- Geographic Terms: Washington (State)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00768909
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 21 1999 12:00AM