DYNAMICS OF STRUCTURES
This textbook covers a broad range of dynamic analyses required in structural design. The time-varying response of structures due to time-varying loadings is expanded from single-degree of freedom systems to generalized single-degree systems to the mode-superposition analysis of multidegree discrete-coordinate structures. It also considers the analysis of vibration mode shapes and frequencies, the response of structures of arbitrary periodic and nonperiodic loadings, as well as both linear and nonlinear systems. Solutions are oriented toward use of digital computers. Although the frame of reference is civil engineering applications, the techniques are applicable to mechanical structures subjected to time-varying loadings.
- Reviewed in ASME Transactions, June 1977, p 366.
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10036
- Clough, R W
- Penzien, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 635 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Data processing; Dynamic tests; Structural analysis; Structural engineering; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157593
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ASME Transactions
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM