GUIDE FOR EVALUATING THE COMMUNITY IMPACT OF RAIL SERVICE DISCONTINUANCE
This guide has been prepared to provide a method for evaluation of the economic, social and environmental impacts of rail abandonments on a community. It is designed to prepare responses to any proposed action which contemplates a reduction or elimination of rail service to a community. It is oriented at a technical and quantitative assessment of the impact of branch line abandonments. The document was designed to respond to proposals under the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 for abandonments in conjunction with establishment of Conrail.
Interstate Commerce CommissionOffice of Public Counsel, Rail Services Planning Office
Washington, DC USA 20423
- Publication Date: 1975-1-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Economic analysis; Environmental impacts; Needs assessment; Social factors; Socioeconomic factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00157503
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Interstate Commerce Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM