DAMAGE TOLERANCE ASSESSMENT HANDBOOK. VOLUME II: AIRFRAME DAMAGE TOLERANCE EVALUATION
The handbook is presented in two volumes. Volume I introduces the damage tolerance concept with an historical perspective followed by the fundamentals of fracture mechanics and fatigue crack propagation. Various fracture criteria and crack growth rules are studied. This volume, Volume II, treats exclusively the subject of damage tolerance evaluation of airframes.
- Originally published October 1993.
Volpe National Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Publication Date: 1999-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Airframes; Cracking; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fracture mechanics; Handbooks; Tolerances (Engineering)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00765983
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-VNTSC-FAA-93-13.II,, DOT/FAA/CT-93/69.II,, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: FA9H2/A9246
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1999 12:00AM