FACTS: FATALITY FACTS (1997 MOTOR VEHICLE DEATHS); STATE LAW FACTS
This report is presented in two sections. The first section, Fatality Facts, is based largely on data from the U.S. Department of Transportation's Fatality Analysis Reporting System. Fact sheets, presenting facts, tables and figures, are included for the following categories: General; Alcohol; Bicycles; Children; Elderly; Gender; Large Trucks; Motorcycles; Passenger Vehicles; Pedestrians; Roadside Hazards; State by State; and Teenagers. The second section, State Law Facts, is based on review of statutes pertaining to highway safety and driver licensing. Statutes in all states and the District of Columbia are included. Fact sheets are included for the following categories: Child Restraint, Belt Laws; DUI/DWI Laws; Helmet Use Laws; and Young Driver Laws.
Arlington, VA United States 22201
- Publication Date: 1998-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Aged; Aged drivers; Automobiles; Bicycle crashes; Child restraint systems; Children; Driver licensing; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Fatalities; Gender; Helmets; Highway safety; Motorcycle crashes; Pedestrian-vehicle crashes; Pickup trucks; Roadside hazards; Seat belts; State laws; States; Statistics; Teenage drivers; Truck crashes; Utility vehicles
- Identifier Terms: Fatality Analysis Reporting System
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00765949
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1999 12:00AM