SAFE COMMUNITIES. YEAR IN REVIEW: TAKING IT TO THE STREETS
Safe Communities presents new challenges and opportunities for creating innovative partnerships to prevent and control transportation-related fatalities and injuries. This booklet briefly describes some of the outstanding achievements of the Safe Communities approach in 1998. The contents are as follows: Injury Prevention and Control - Taking it to the Streets: Safe Communities Growth Trends; Safe Communities Tools; Demonstration and Evaluation Projects; Coalitions meet to strengthen Safe Communities: Cleveland Town Hall Meetings; Safe Communities Success Stories; U.S. DOT Safe Communities Initiative; Departmental Safe Communities Memorandum of Understanding; Trans-National Safe Communities Effort; NHTSA, APHA and AMA Memorandum of Understanding; and Safe Communities Partnerships & Resources.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1999-1
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Coalitions; Communities; Demonstration projects; Fatalities; Injuries; Partnerships; Prevention; Transportation safety
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00765921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 789
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 12 1999 12:00AM