CHILD TRANSPORTATION SAFETY TIPS (REVISED DECEMBER 1998)
This report contains 14 child passenger safety tips. These safety tips concern the following: safety seat checkup; where your child should ride; protecting new babies in the car; what to use for a big baby or toddler; how preschool children and school children should ride; making sure the safety belt around the child safety seat is secure; using child safety seat harness straps; safety seat recalls; air bag safety; walking and biking safely (toddlers and preschoolers); walking and biking safely (kindergarten to grade three); safety at school bus stops; clothing that causes school bus hazard; and creating safer streets and play places for children.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1998-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Bicycling; Booster seats; Bus stops; Child restraint systems; Clothing; Infants; Playgrounds; Preschool children; Recall campaigns; Safety; School buses; School children; Seat belts; Walking
- Uncontrolled Terms: Harness straps
- Subject Areas: Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00765918
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 301
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 12 1999 12:00AM