WHITE PAPER ON TRAFFIC SAFETY IN JAPAN '98. ABRIDGED EDITION
This is the abridged version of the White Paper on Traffic Safety in Japan '98. The first section, referred to as Volume 1: Land Transportation, is presented in two parts. Part 1: Road Transportation covers trends in road traffic accidents (chapter 1), traffic accidents involving young people and preventative measures (chapter 2), and principal policies for fiscal 1997 (chapter 3). Part 2: Railway Transport covers trends in railway accidents (chapter 1) and serious accidents and safety measures (chapter 2). The second section, referred to as Volume 2: Maritime Transportation, contains the following chapters: (1) trends in maritime accidents; (2) increase in the number of accidents involving pleasure boats, and safety measures; and (3) current maritime transport safety measures. The final section, referred to as Volume 3: Aviation Transportation, contains the following chapters: (1) trends in aviation accidents; and (2) current aviation transport safety measures.
Tokyo 104-0028, Japan
- Publication Date: 1998
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Air transportation crashes; Aviation safety; Ground transportation; Highway transportation; Maritime safety; Pleasure craft; Policy; Railroad crashes; Railroad safety; Railroad transportation; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Water transportation; Water transportation crashes
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Policy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00765898
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-042 765
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 8 1999 12:00AM