EMBANKMENT DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION IN COLD REGIONS
This book is a state-of-the-practice report on embankment design and construction in cold regions involving either permafrost or seasonal frost areas. The similarities and differences of the two types of areas are considered. Embankment case histories in both types of climatic regions are presented. Other topics include embankment stabilization techniques. A review of geotechnical thermal analysis is presented. Special considerations involving construction materials and field placement are discussed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0872626504
- A State of the Practice Report prepared by the Technical Council on Cold Regions Engineering of the American Society of Civil Engineers
Reston, VA United States 20191-4400
- Johnson, E G
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 178 p.
- TRT Terms: Cold weather construction; Design; Embankments; Frost; Geotechnical engineering; Permafrost; Seasonally frozen ground; Thermal analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00764878
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0872626504
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 21 1999 12:00AM