SHIP VIBRATION. EXPERIENCE FROM SERVICE MEASUREMENTS
Based on vibration calculations and measurements on some 100 ships in the past 5 years carried out by Det Norske Veritas. The author discusses the vibration phenomena both in structures and machinery, their excitation, force and response criteria, and how the most common vibration problems may be overcome.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Solumsmoen, O H
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Hulls; Machinery; Shafts (Machinery); Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine vibration; Hull vibration; Machinery vibration; Shaft vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00157336
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 96
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM