SOME ASPECTS OF TUG-SHIP INTERACTION
When a free-running tug works close to a ship it can experience hydrodynamic forces which makes handling difficult or dangerous; the paper therefore illustrates the interaction by means of model measurements made at ship division of the national physical labortory.
- Convention held in New Orleans, October 20-23, 1975.
International Tug Convention (4th)New Orleans, LA USA
- Dand, I W
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamic pressure; Stability (Mechanics); Tug ship interaction; Tugboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrodynamic forces; Model testing; Tug stability
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157324
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM