A SERIES OF LECTURES ON ENGINEERING ECONOMICS AND SHIP DESIGN
The paper deals with some general aspects of the economic evaluation of alternative designs, and then gives examples including alternative machinery and trade-offs. Results are presented. The role of simulation in the selection of optimal ship design is then discussed, considering ship speed and voyage time, and optimal design draught.
Norwegian Institute of TechnologyN-7034 Trondheim, Norway
- Buxton, I L
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Naval architecture; Shipbuilding; Ships; Simulation; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Voyage time
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00157322
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM