GUIDE FOR INTERPRETATION OF NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTS OF ORDINARY-, MEDIUM-, AND HIGH-STRENGTH, LOW-ALLOY STEEL BUTT-JOINT WELDMENTS IN SHIP HULL STRUCTURES
A survey was made of various codes and standards applicable to the interpretation of nondestructive tests of welds in ordinary-, medium-, and high-strength low-alloy steels. This guide has been developed for application to steel welds in ship hull structures of the general cargo, tanker and passenger class as differentiated from naval ships. The guide exhibits nondestructive test results of several classes of defects with suitable test to delineate the maximum size and/or distribution that would be recommended as acceptable for ship hulls.
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Inspection; Low alloy steel; Nondestructive tests; Strength of materials; Weld strength; Welding; Welds
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull welding; Weld inspection
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00157298
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Academy of Sciences
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-245 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-69-005225
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM