THE UNITED STATES MERCHANT MARINE--A NATIONAL ASSET
The thrust of this volume is to take note of the factors contributing to the revitalization of the American merchant marine since the enactment of the Merchant Marine Act of 1970. Where necessary the problems and events influencing the formulation of maritime policy also have been noted in each of the subsequent chapters. They deal with national shipping policies and the development of the merchant fleet; labor relations and the trend toward better communication and cooperation among government, management and labor; the Maritime Administration which is directed by government mandate to promote the American merchant marine and, finally, the industry's emphasis on meeting the needs of the shipper. An added purpose of this work is to present various data and other informative material relating to the shipping, shipbuilding and labor sectors of the American maritime industry. They are noted throughout the volume, especially in the Appendix.
National Maritime CouncilP.O. Box 7345
Washington, DC USA 20044
- HEINE, I M
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 205 p.
- TRT Terms: Flags of convenience; International trade; Merchant fleet operation; Policy; Shipping; Statistics; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: International shipping policies; National shipping policies; Shipping statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00157291
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Council
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM