MEANS FOR COOLING EXHAUST NOZZLE SIDEWALLS
The patent application relates to a cooling arrangement for a gas turbine exhaust nozzle which includes a plurality of heat shield panels slidable positioned on tracks mounted on the nozzle casing. The panels are spaced apart to permit thermal expansion and include impingement baffles which are attached thereto intermediate the panels and the casing. Holes in the impingement baffles direct cooling air against the interior surface to the panels. The cooling air is directed by suitable means such as slots or film holes to form a film of cooling air along the surface of the panels exposed to hot gases.
Department of the NavyConstitution Avenue and 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States
- McDonough, E C
- Eckert, T T
- Publication Date: 1976-10-28
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooling systems; Exhaust system components; Gas turbines; Heat insulating materials; Nozzles; Thermal expansion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00157288
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-CL-239-127.1 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM