CONCEPTUAL DESIGN OF AN INTERACTIVE GRAPHICS DESIGN SYSTEM
The overall objective for the study is the development of a roadway design system utilizing graphics cathode ray tubes as an interface between the designer and the computer with emphasis on graphics input and output. Existing engineering design systems and specifically the Roadway Design System (RDS) developed by the Texas Highway Department (now the State Department of Highways and Public Transportation) will be used as a base. In addition to the engineering design systems, the Interactive Graphics Aided Design System will utilize the digital geophraphic data base produced by the Texas Automated Mapping System (also developed by the Texas Highway Department) for the base survey information. /Author/
- Prepared in cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- CRAWFORD, W L
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Cathode ray tubes; Computer graphics; Computers; Databases; Digital computers; Highway design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00157285
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DHT-1-19-75-520-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8910
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM