MICHIGAN RAILROAD PLAN. ANNUAL UPDATE
Required under the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 is an annual update of the state rail plans on August 1 of each year. This is the first such report on the Michigan Railroad Plan: Phase II, issued in June 1976. The relatively short time during which the subsidy program had operated and the fact that no major changes had been indicated for the Plan as submitted meant that this was primarily a report on the implementation of the plan. It is a progress report and assessment of subsidized branch line operations.
- Direct requests to Mr. T.J. Trimbach, Manager, Railroad Planning Section, Bureau of Transportation Planning.
Michigan Department of State Highways & TransportState Highways Building, P.O. Drawer K
Lansing, MI USA 48904
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Railroad transportation; Short line railroads; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Geographic Terms: Michigan
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional rail reorganization act; Short line; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157234
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Michigan Department of State Highways & Transport
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM