MICHIGAN RAILROAD PLAN. PHASE II
The Michigan Railroad Plan, Phase II, documents the decisions and priorities regarding Penn Central and Ann Arbor light density lines not included in the Conrail system. After describing policy, goals and planning methodology, material on 46 threatened branch lines is presented with respect to various potential impacts. Similar information is given on the Ann Arbor main line and Lake Michigan ferry services. The Plan for all these routes is then presented with the funding required under the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973. The future planning needed to continue the process of railroad revitalization in Michigan concludes the volume.
- Direct requests to Mr. T.J. Trimbach, Manager, Railroad Planning Section, Bureau of Transportation Planning.
Michigan Department of State Highways & TransportState Highways Building, P.O. Drawer K
Lansing, MI USA 48904
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 277 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Maintenance of way; Railroad transportation; Short line railroads; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Geographic Terms: Michigan
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional rail reorganization act; Short line; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Kentucky Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM