PROCEEDINGS OF THE REGIONAL RAIL PLANNING SEMINARS, FALL 1976
This document is a compilation of papers, talks and presentations made at five seminars held in each of FRA's regions during Fall 1976. These seminars attracted close to 700 persons from State and Federal governments, rail management and labor, shippers, consultants and academia. The first four seminars were designed to educate those states eligible for Federal assistance under Section 803 of the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 (P.L. 94-210) about this new program, and to inform them about other Federal rail planning activities under way in a number of agencies. Evening workshops for State rail planners were programmed to give registrants even more opportunity to question the Federal speakers in depth concerning practical details about the program. The last seminar, held in Albany, New York, was designed to examine the progress of the Title IV program of the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 (P.L. 93-236) and to project the future course of the rail service planning and assistance programs in the 17-State Northeast and Midwest Region. To accomplish this, panels of speakers examined the rail planning process in perspective of the experience in this Region, and regional railroad spokesmen discussed the impacts these programs have had on them. Federal spokesmen then provided information on several ongoing studies concerning national rail planning, and FRA and Amtrak representatives gave presentations on the Northeast Corridor Program.
Council of State GovernmentsIron Works Pike
Lexington, KY United States 40505
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Bankruptcy; Branch lines; Governments; Planning; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Traffic density; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail; Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Light density lines; Regional rail reorganization act; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157220
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-RFA-77-01 Res. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-66060
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM