TEST TRAIN PROGRAM. EIGHTH PROGRESS REPORT
This report describes the progress of the Rail Engineering and Test Support Program during the period July 1, 1975 to June 30, 1976. Primary emphasis of the program was to perform track inspection of heavily traveled mainline track for the FRA Office of Safety. Also described in this report are special tests performed for the FRA: improvements to the track measurement car and instrumentation; improvements and development of off-line data-processing techniques; development of analysis software for special FRA tests; and highlights of studies performed in support of the Rail Engineering and Test Support Program. This report is intended for use by management and technical personnel who are concerned with accomplishments of the Rail Engineering and Test Support Program.
- Sponsored by the FRA/U.S. DOT, Office of Research and Development.
ENSCO, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA United States 22151
- Peterson, C
- Gunn, W
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Ballast (Railroads); Bibliographies; Data collection; Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Information processing; Inspection cars; Maintenance of way; Measurement; Mechanical properties; Railroad tracks; Ride quality; Train track dynamics; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Ballast mechanics; Freight car dynamics; Track geometry measurement; Track response investigations
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00157217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OR&D-77-25 Prog Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54174/64113
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM