MANUAL FOR ANALYSIS OF ETHANOL IN BIOLOGICAL LIQUIDS
This manual covers selected aspects of the analysis of ethanol in biological liquids and the interpretation of the results of such analyses. Recommendations are made concerning the selection, collection, identification, and preservation of suitable biological liquid specimens from living and dead subjects for traffic law enforcement and related purposes. Procedural details are given for analysis of ethanol in such biological liquids by both automated and manual versions of gas chromatography of headspace vapors, with and without internal standards; and the analytical performance characteristics of the method are set forth. Brief consideration is also given to the interpretation of the results of alcohol analysis in blood and other biological liquids. /Author/
- Record URL:
- Sponsored by DOT, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration under contract to DOT, Transportation Systems Center.
Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma CityHealth Sciences Center, P.O. Box 26901
Oklahoma City, OK United States 73190
- Dubowski, K M
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Analysis; Blood alcohol levels; Gas chromatography; Highway safety; Traffic law enforcement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00157196
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS 802 208 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-472
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM