PORT INFORMATION SOURCES
This compilation of port information sources has been prepared by the Maritime Administration as an aid to individuals and organizations seeking information on ports in the United States and throughout the world. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive inventory of port information sources. The listing does present, however, an overview of the many publications and organizations, both government and private, where information on ports and the port industry can be obtained. The bibliography of port-related publications is divided into sections according to subject matter. Many of the publications deal with ports in general terms. For convenience, those sources which offer current satistics about ports or specific details on terminal facilities are included under the category "Reference and Annual" publications. The names and addresses of private organizations that deal with the port industry are included as sources, as well as a listing of the organizational units in the Executive Branch of the Federal Government with functional responsibilities that affect our Nation's ports. Brief summaries of each agency's responsibilities, taken for the most part from the 1974-75 edition of the United States Government Manual, are also included. These summaries of agency responsibilities should be useful in pinpointing those Federal agencies where specific port-related information might be sought. The listing of Federal agencies is divided into sections--Regulatory, Inspection, and General--according to the nature of the agency's involvement with ports.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Container terminals; Deepwater harbors; Design; Development; Information systems; Pollution; Port operations; Ports; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Port construction; Port design; Port pollution
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00157156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM