THE ARGO MERCHANT OIL SPILL--A PRELIMINARY SCIENTIFIC REPORT
This report presents the available results from the investigations carried out to date by the many groups involved in the initial assessment of the distribution of the Argo Merchant oil spill and its impact. For the many Federal, State, and private activities requiring information about the oil spill and its consequences the report is intended to provide a unified summary of the studies that are being or have been carried out, the types and distribution of data, and such analyses and results as are now available. The results which are included within the report are mostly those of the individual investigators and groups that responded to the Argo Merchant incident. Many of them must be considered preliminary, particularly with respect to the impact upon the fishery resources of the area, and must await further study.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric AdministrationEnvironment Research Laboratories
Boulder, CO USA 80302
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatalities; Groundings (Maritime crashes); Impacts; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill impact; Tanker casualties
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM