NON-LINEAR STRUCTURAL RESPONSE
This Report looks at current work dealing with the non- linear response up to collapse of the main structure and its structural components. It also investigates and recommends methods of analysis for use in design, and encourages new activities in this field. The Report emphasizes the importance of establishing the acceptable or allowable tolerance limit of imperfections or misalignment of ship structural members, specifying the method of analysis for such structures, and considering these factors in structural design. Also dealt with is the use of box girder applications in ships and a close review of the available literature on box girder structures is recommended before embarking on any Research and Development program for ship application. Studies of related problems such as plastic instability of structures and collision problems are strongly recommended for future work.
- Report of Committee II.2, August 23-26, 1976.
International Ship Structures Congress (Sixth)Boston, MA United States
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Fatigue (Mechanics); Girders; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Girder design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157149
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM