RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORTS--BRIEF FORMAT, ISSUE NUMBER 1--1976
This publication contains briefs of 35 selected railroad accidents, occurring in U.S. railroad operations during calendar year 1976. The brief format presents basic facts, conditions, circumstances, and probable cause(s) in each instance. Additional statistical information is tabulated by types of accidents, and casualties related to types of accidents, carriers involved, and causal factors.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Accident Investigation, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1976-12-7
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash data; Crash investigation; Crashes; Derailments; Fatalities; Human factors; Pedestrians; Statistics; Train operation; Trespassers; Vehicle components; Yard operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Transportation Safety Board
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-RAB-76-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM