This manual with its extensive color illustrations and concise text explains the fundamentals of the operation and repair of the catenary systems of an electrified railway. Instructions on making field repairs and on preventive maintenance by individuals and work gangs emphasize safe methods. While developed as a textbook, this volume is also of value to those involved in electronics, electromechanics and energy supply in the groups responsible for railway catenary systems. The chapters: (1) Routine Maintenance; (2) Field Repairs; (3) Elimination and Prevention of Outages; (4) Safety Techniques.
Transport Publishing HouseBasmannyi Tupik 6A
Moscow B-174, USSR
- Borts, IuV
- Chekulayev, V E
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Disasters and emergency operations; Ice; Inspection cars; Preventive maintenance; Railroad electrification; Safety; Sectioning; Tensioning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Old TRIS Terms: Dead sections
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00156863
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM