MARITIME MANPOWER NEEDS AND TRAINING
Data are presented that summarizes the present state of, and the projections for, offshore and maritime industry deep-sea licensed manpower needs. The essence of recent symposia dealing with the marine and offshore industry future projects and technological requirements and the future of maritime officer education and training are included. Additional data obtained from selected industry spokesmen as well as the several licensing and regulatory agencies are utilized to establish the manpower needs for the near future as well as the training demand forecasts.
- This paper was presented at the Ninth Annual OTC in Houston, Texas, May 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX USA 45206
- McCloy, J
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Labor market; Military personnel; Ship crews; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Licensed personnel training; Officer training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00156824
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Offshore Technology Conference
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM