TRADE-OFFS IN THE DESIGN OF SUB-CAVITATING PROPELLERS
In this paper general account is given of the problems involved in the selection of specific values for the design parameters of marine propellers. The views and data presented are of a general nature and illustrate some of the choices involved in the design of a screw propeller such that the extent of cavitation is minimized or controlled.
- The main body of this paper was presented at the symposium on "High-powered propulsion of large ships," organized by the Netherlands Ship Model Basin, December 10-13, 1974, in Wageningen, The Netherlands.
Netherlands Ship Model BasinHaagsteed 2, P.O. Box 28
- Van Oossanen, P
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- Volume: 23
- Issue Number: 264
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Subcavitating propellers
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156820
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Shipbuilding Progress
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM