IMPULSIVE LOADING OF AN IDEAL FIBRE-REINFORCED RIGID-PLASTIC BEAM
This article examines the dynamic plastic response of an impulsively loaded ideal fibre-reinforced (strongly anistropic) rigid-plastic beam. It is demonstrated that the response duration and permanent transverse displacements are signaificantly less than the corresponding quantities in an "equivalent" rigid perfectly plastic isotropic beam.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
- Laudiero, F
- JONES, N
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Elastoplasticity; Fiber reinforced materials; Impulses (Mechanics); Loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Impulsive loading
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00156817
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of Naval Research London (England)
- Report/Paper Numbers: 77-3 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM