ON THE SPEED OF PROPAGATION OF WAVES IN A DEFORMED ELASTIC MATERIAL
The secular equation is obtained for small amplitude waves propagated in an arbitrary direction in a body of incompressible isotropic elastic material subjected to a pure homogeneous deformation. Conditions are obtained that the wave speeds be real.
Lehigh UniversityCenter for the Application of Mathematics
Bethlehem, PA United States 18015
- Sawyers, K N
- Rivlin, R S
- Publication Date: 1977-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Elastic deformation; Elasticity (Mechanics); Elastoplasticity; Wave motion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00156815
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Office of Naval Research London (England)
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAM-100-27 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0235
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM