CARRIAGE AND RAILCAR BOGIES: THEIR DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT--VI
Article discusses the interrelationship between design of a bogie and the coach under which it will be installed. Differences in coach length, width, centers of gravity, wheel diameters and rail condition are considered. The factors of sound intensity, bouncing and pitching of the coach are related to ride and comfort index.
- Conclusion of a six-part article deals with the effects of track and sound intensity.
Temple Press Limited161-166 Fleet Street
Longon EC4, England
- KOFFMAN, J L
- Publication Date: 1961-10-20
- Pagination: p. 446-449
- TRT Terms: Noise; Passenger cars; Railroad cars; Ride quality; Sound level; Technology; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Railroad noise
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00033225
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 1994 12:00AM