INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERS (ITE) ANNUAL MEETING, 46TH, COMPENDIUM OF TECHNICAL PAPERS, 1976
Proceedings include 24 papers that present discussions of the following topics: maintaining acceptable service and safety levels with budget constraints; the effect of rail reorganization on transportation planning; impact of recent federal transportation policies and requirements on local transportation planning; residential traffic controls; maintenance management techniques and the effective use of traffic technicians; the bicycle in the urban traffic network; capacity requirements for local bus terminals; improvement on traffic flow to reduce energy use -- the New York State experience; and highway and safety 1976, and beyond.
- Proceedings of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, 46th Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, August 15-19, 1976.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycle travel; Bicycles; Bus terminals; City planning; Conservation; Energy; Highway safety; Level of service; Maintenance management; Management; Railroad transportation; Regional planning; Traffic; Traffic control; Traffic flow; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00156332
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1981 12:00AM