ANALYSIS OF THE OPERATION OF TANDEM CONTRA-ROTATING PROPELLERS BASED ON THE VELOCITY FIELD CHARACTERISTICS
Based on model investigations of tandem contra-rotating propellers carried out in a cavitation tunnel at the Department of Ship Propellers, Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery of the Polish Academy of Sciences, and on a theoretical analysis of the velocity field of the propellers, relations for parameters of both propellers of trandem contra-rotaing propellers and their effect on the propellers behavior have been presented in the report. Conclusions following the analysis are to serve as guidelines for working out a method of designing tandem contra-rotating propellers.
Instytut Maszyn PrzeplywowychPolskiej Akademii Nauk, Fiszera ul. 14
Gdansk 80-952, Poland
- Mlynarczyk, J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Contrarotating propellers; Performance; Propellers; Vehicle design; Velocity; Vortices
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Propeller performance; Tandem propellers; Velocity profiles; Vortex theory
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156285
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: David Taylor Naval Ship R&D Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM