THE DETERMINATION OF THE AXIAL VARIATION OF THE INDUCED VELOCITIES IN THE PROPELLER WAKE
The paper presents the continuation of the research work on the theoretical model of a propeller. Its results are directed towards design of contrarotating and tandem propellers and analysis of their experimental tests. A short analysis of the influence of some parameters characterizing the vortex system on the shape of helicoidal tip vortex lines and analysis of the induced velocity field in the proximity to the propeller are presented. Mean values and circumferential nonuniformity of the induced velocity field are described from the viewpoint of their axial variation in the propeller wake. The analysis is made on the basis of enclosed diagrams showing the induced velocity field in the proximity to the propeller, which is represented by some chosen vortex systems.
Instytut Maszyn PrzeplywowychPolskiej Akademii Nauk, Fiszera ul. 14
Gdansk 80-952, Poland
- Koronowicz, T
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Contrarotating propellers; Propellers; Velocity; Vortex shedding; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller theory; Propeller wake; Velocity profiles
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156284
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: David Taylor Naval Ship R&D Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM