THE CALCULATION OF THE INDUCED VELOCITY FIELD IN THE CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE PROPELLER
This paper contains some elements of the research work on the modified theoretical model of the marine propeller. This work is directed towards design and analysis of the experimental tests of tandem propeller sets. The formulae for velocity components induced by the vortex system representing the propeller and including effect of changes in pitch and radius of tip vortices are presented. The simplified vortex model of the propeller blades was applied to construct formulae, which can be used for calculation of the shape of tip vortex lines by means of the iterative process. On the basis of these formulae the computer program was developed, and the short analysis of the influence of some parameters characterizing the vortex system on the shape of tip vortex helicoidal lines was presented.
Instytut Maszyn PrzeplywowychPolskiej Akademii Nauk, Fiszera ul. 14
Gdansk 80-952, Poland
- Koronowicz, T
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Propellers; Velocity; Vortex shedding; Vortices
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller theory; Tandem propellers; Velocity profiles; Vortex theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156283
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: David Taylor Naval Ship R&D Center
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM