THE ELECTROSLAG MELTING PROCESS
This Bulletin traces the development of the electroslag melting process from its modest beginnings to the present. Important basic mechanisms such as electro-chemistry, thermochemistry, and heat transport are then treated. Since the choice of flux is a unique parameter in the electroslag process, two chapters are devoted to this subject. Next electroslag melting experience for reactive metals, base metals, ferrous alloys, superalloys, and refractory metals, both inside and outside the Bureau of Mines is outlined. The final two chapters are devoted to a related melting scheme, variations of the process, and what may lie in the future for electroslag melting.
Bureau of MinesAlbany Metallurgy Research Center
Albany, OR United States
- Nafziger, R H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 234 p.
- TRT Terms: Electroslag welding; Fluxes
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00156280
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BuMines-B-669
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 22 1977 12:00AM